CATEGORIES


Getting Older by Pastor Henry Mahan

Let us correct our attitudes toward getting older. Believers must not allow the carnal thinking of this world to form our opinions and attitudes. The reason so much emphasis is placed on youth, physical strength and beauty, riches and possessions is because this is all the worldling has, and when these are gone, all is gone! Actual age, while it mars outward beauty, should bring us real lasting beauty - which is inward grace, mercy and peace! Age will decrease our physical strength but should increase our spiritual strength. We grow in faith, love and patience.

Age may make our arms week and tremble, but it should establish us more firmly on the everlasting arm. Age may make the present less sure, but it gives us assurance of the certainty of the future. I'll always be young in Christ! My steps may be slower, but I walk with the King. My eyes maybe dimmer, but as I see less of the world I see more of my Lord. My ears maybe dull, but I hear His voice more clearly. My body may be weak, but I am stronger in faith. I may not know the latest story, but I know the old, old story a little better. I may not be surrounded by as many human admirers, but I am surrounded by a heavenly host which waits to take me home!

"The hoary head is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness. " Proverbs 16:31