CATEGORIES


How do We Change the Culture We Live in? Part 1

Posted by Jenn Jones on July 15, 2013

A couple of weeks ago I was watching an interview with and Andy Andrews in which they were discussing how a culture can be changed. Mr. Andrews proceeded to sketch some things out on a chalkboard and the truth of what he was saying really struck me – and I haven’t been able to get it out of my mind since.
I am a visual person so I like diagrams, pictures, graphics, etc. They help to solidify things in my mind and make them clearer. So a couple of days after watching the interview and thinking about what was talked about, I created a picture. I look at it every day, and even have it as the background on my laptop so I am reminded. I tweaked a little bit of Mr. Andrews’ concept to fit a broader spectrum of what I feel is needed as foundational knowledge.
My next several posts will focus on this pyramid, breaking down each level of it from my perspective.
“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.” Matthew 7:24-27